Now a day’s use of flash drives is increasing with the advent of Ultra-portable laptops. And the use of optical drives (CD, DVD) is decreasing because some ultra-portable laptops are not being facilitated with the optical drive hardware, for such users the only option is to use flash drives to install the operating system. Also flash drives are being used for its faster speeds, so some people may prefer using flash drives instead of using optical drives though their laptops or pc’s are being facilitated with optical drive hardware. One more major advantage is, we can use flash drive to start any pc or laptop without installing the operating system by just plugging in our device (Flash drive). Here i will explain you on the topic of How to create Bootable USB by using Rufus.
Most of the people use different applications to create a bootable USB drive, but some softwares do not support all types of operating systems. Here is the one which supports to create bootable USB of any OS, which is Rufus. Now you can create Bootable USB by your own.
Creating Bootable USB media by using Rufus::
Rufus is an open source application to create a bootable USB media from any bootable ISO. Rufus is very effective and efficient tool, which is very small in size and well known for its faster performance. First run the .exe file by double clicking on it, and then the application will start working. Before going to perform the operation you need to have an ISO image of the CD or DVD of the OS of your choice. No problem that could be a file which is downloaded from the internet also.
- After starting the Rufus application, the first option that you need to check is Device: it will show all your connected devices, select a device which you want to create a bootable drive.
- No need to modify Partition Scheme and target system type.
- And the next step is to change the file system from FAT32 to NTFS.
- Don’t modify cluster size.
- Enter the name that you want to set for your flash drive.
- Make sure that, “create a bootable disk using” option is checked, and then select ISO image from the dropdown menu, and then click on the button right to the dropdown menu to locate your ISO image file. Now Rufus will erase all your previously stored data in the drive and start creating a bootable device.
- Final step: click Start to format your USB drive and extract all files from the ISO image to it.
Thank you for reading this article. Like us on facebook. Please comment your doubts in comments below.