Every one knows how to create folders and rename them. But Have you ever tried to create undeletable folders in your computer.
So, How many of you know that every programming language consists of some reserved words those can not be used as variable names. Windows also have some keywords. For example (lpt1, lpt2, lpt3, lpt4, lpt5, lpt6, lpt7, lpt8 and lpt9).
You can check these keywords. To test them create a new folder and try to name it with any of the word mentioned above. The result is “You can not create with these words”.
So, If you can create a folder with these names, that’s it. You created an undeletable or unrenamable folder. Here I tell you tricks to create folders with the names of keywords.
Here we go now,
- Open RUN dialogue box. For that goto Start >>> Run.
- Or Short cut to open it is (Windows button on keyboard + R)
- Now type cmd in Run box. Command prompt window will be opened.
- Type the drive name where you want to create a folder. Write it like D: and Press Enter
NOTE:: Folder can not be created in your system drive. That means where you installed Operating system.
- After that type the code md lpt1\ or md lpt2\ or md lpt3\(You type any keyword) and press Enter.
Now, A folder is created in the selected drive with the key word. This can not be deleted or renamed.
How to Delete this Folder::
It is not possible to delete the folder with regular functions(Del or Shift+Del). You must remove it in the command prompt. For that, type the below command.
rd lpt1\ or rd lpt2\ or rd lpt3\ (Any keyword you chose intially).
NOTE:: Type this in Step-5 instead of md lpt1
That’s it, You are done.
Thank you for reading this article. Let me know your comments below this article.