Are you searching for solution on How to Turn Off Automatic App Updates in Windows 8.1, Android, iOS, Windows Phone 8.1? Ok, here is the solution. Let us go.Now days, millions of people in world are using Smart phones. Why? Obviously, Smart phones come up with many features that user’s desire. In this smart phone world Android, iOS, windows are the leading software platforms.
Many Smartphone users download so many apps. In past, you had to update each app manually. Nevertheless, now, the smart phones providing an option called “Auto updates”. If you enable it, you do not need to update them manually. If you turn on Wi-Fi or data connection, apps will be updated automatically. However, this has so many advantages. there are some drawbacks too. Sometimes, that means when your data is exceeded, this leads to extra charges. For this, you need to spend huge money.
In this topic, I am going to give brief and useful tips on how to turn Off Automatic App Updates in windows 8.1, Android, iOS, Windows Phone 8.1. I hope this article will be useful to you.
Know How to Turn Off Automatic App Updates in Windows 8.1/Android/iOS/Windows Phone 8.1 :
For Android users:
Android is growing faster in these days. Many apps are releasing for android platforms. The developers come up with fixing bugs and latest updates. If you enable automatic updates, it takes care of everything. However, as I said earlier there are some drawbacks. To turnoff automatic updates, instructions are given below. This is for “Android Users” Only.
Instructions to Turn Off Automatic App Updates in Android Smart Phone :
- First, Go to “Google Play Store”
- Click on “Hamburger Icon” that is on the top-left.
- Then tap on “Settings” >>> Auto Update apps.
- Select “Do not Auto-Update apps”.
That’s it. Now, the automatic updates are turned off.
- If you want to update apps over Wi-Fi instead of turning them off, you need to tap on “Auto update apps over Wi-Fi only” that is in the same pop-up box.
** You can also choose which apps you want to update automatically. For that,
- Go to app page in Google-Play store app.
- Click on “3 Vertical dots” that are in the top right side.
- Check “Auto Updates”
This way you can turn off Automatic updates and choose the apps that you want to update.
Our Popular Posts:
For iOS Users:
Coming to iOS, there is no such option to turn on automatic app updates for individual apps. You have to turn on updates or turn off. That’s it. If you want to stop automatic updates, follow the instructions below.
- Open settings and go to iTunes& App store.
- There you will find “Updates” option and switch the green button “off” that is next to Updates
For Windows 8.1 Phone:
You can also turnoff automatic app updates for Windows 8.1 phone just like iOS and Android phones.
- Go to “Store”
- Click on “Three Horizontal dots” that is on bottom right.
- There you will find “settings”
- Click on button that is next to “Update apps Automatically”
- You can also turn on automatic updates for the apps you choose. For that, turn on “Get updates over Wi-Fi only”.
This way, you can avoid extra cellular charges.
For Windows 8.1 Users:
This is same as Windows 8.1 phone. Follow the below instructions to turn off automatic updates.
- Go to Store
- Press Windows key + C to see charms bar.
- Then, click on settings —> App Updates
- Change the option from “YES” to “NO” that is below “Automatically Update my apps”
Thank you for reading this article. This way you can Turn off Automatic App Updates in windows 8.1, Android, iOS, Windows Phone 8.1 easily and avoid extra cellular charges.